The OptiLIF procedure is the least invasive lumbar interbody fusion procedure currently available and features Spineology’s proprietary OptiMesh Multiplanar Expandable implant. The procedure is completed start to finish through a 6.6 mm ID tubular retractor and uses specialized instrumentation to perform a robust discectomy, prepare the endplates, and place an ALIF-size implant.
Procedural benefits include:
- Preserves the facet joint and minimizes tissue disruption to enhance patient recovery
- Specialized instrumentation and techniques maximize efficiency
- The benefits of OptiMesh:
- Generates significant distraction forces capable of restoring spinal alignment and providing indirect decompression
- Endplate conforming, ALIF-size final footprint